The following checklist can be used as a guide when creating your list of tasks to complete when planning your fundraising house party. This list is not exhaustive, and should be customized to fit the scope and size of the your event.
Sample Task List
- Recruit Host Committee
- Determine the scope - What type of party is it? (see examples in the House Party 101 guide)
- Plan program - Will there be speakers? Music? Activities? Other entertainment?
- Create budget (if needed)
- Set your fundraising goals
- Secure venue/host
- Secure date/time
- Create Invite List
- Send invitations (see sample here)
- Plan the menu or snacks, including any beverages - Is the host committee responsible for the food? Will the event be a potluck?
- Make shopping list (food, paper goods, decorations)
- Make list of equipment/supplies needed (chairs, table, speakers, etc.)
- Plan venue layout
- Additional outreach to invitees (email, phone, social media, etc.)
- Confirmation calls to scheduled attendees
- Create Day-of schedule (see sample in the House Party 101 guide)
- Have a great house party!
- Follow up with attendees